Wild Running by Jen and Sim Benson
In this ultimate guide to running the hills, dales and vales of Britain you will find routes perfect for:
- Beginners Great for building fitness and technique
- Coastal & Beach Barefoot sand, rugged coast paths and stunning views
- Forest & Woodland Lush leaves and scented pine forests
- Wild Swimming Cool off with a splash
- Hard-as-Nails Our toughest challenges
- Ascents & Descents Tough climbs, amazing views and fast, exhilarating descents
- Urban Escapes Wild trails close to the city
- Families Great for days out and holidays
- Really Wild Escape into our last remaining wildernesses
- National Trails The best of Britain’s long distance trails
- History & Culture From castles to ruins
- Wildlife From wild meadows to red kites
- Ultradistance Runs Great trails for epic and multi-day adventures
Also includes sections on training, getting started, staying safe and racing.
Jen Benson is a runner, climber and sports clinician whose research focuses on many aspects of long distance running. She has run over 50 marathons and ultras, with several top three finishes to her name.
Sim Benson is a runner, mountaineer and environmentalist. Together Jen and Sim have undertaken mountain marathons, multi-day adventure races and wilderness expeditions. They are currently embarking on many new adventures with their young family.
Also available as an ebook and as a premium app for iOS and Android.